Today John is an attorney with the Dallas-based firm of Haynes and Boone where he is a committed advocate and effective problem-solver for his clients. He has spent large parts of his career working for public-interest causes, like better support for our public schools and cleaner air in our cities. John and his wife Jenia, a law professor at SMU, came to Dallas soon after they married fourteen years ago. They are the proud parents of two young sons.
- John was a lead attorney representing 88 Texas school districts in a three-year battle that sought greater public school funding.
- He represented Dallas and more than two dozen other Texas cities and towns to oppose construction of 11 new coal-fired power plants in our state.
- John is a graduate of Harvard University and Yale Law School.
- He completed the Dallas Regional Chamber’s “Leadership Dallas” program and is a member of its Education and Workforce Council.
- John is a former board member of the Texas League of Conservation Voters.
- He has been a volunteer for his sons’ schools, scouts and baseball teams.
- The Turners are members of Highland Park United Methodist Church.